The passing of four General Education Development Test will result in the receiving of a General Equivalency Diploma or General Education Diploma sometimes referred to as a GED. The Adult Education class is a computerized program.
The GED provides certification that the recipient has achieved high school level academic skills. The GED is recognized as a key to employment opportunities, advancement, and further education. In 2014 the GED Series has been updated. The new GED Series is aligned to the Common Core Standards and the College and Career Readiness Standards.
• Higher Wages: On average people who earn their GED can expect $7,000 more per year in wages. (U.S. 2000 Census Data)
• Better Opportunities: Earning a GED can open new doors to advancement either in your current job or in a brand new field.
• Sense of Accomplishment: Most GED earners convey a sense of accomplishment when they obtain their GED.
• Higher Education: Earn your GED and enroll in post secondary classes and continue on for a degree. We offer career exploration and college readiness.
Services are available locally at the Cankdeska Cikana Community College Adult Learning Center.
• GED Preparation - Reasoning through Language Arts, Science, Social Studies and Math
• Test Taking Skills
• Computer Literacy Skills
• Workplace/Career Planning
• College Readiness Preparation
• Flexible Hours
• Accommodations Upon Request
8:00 am - 4:30 pm